Table of Contents
Apple Music is a music and video streaming service developed by Apple Inc, launched on June 30, 2015 in more than 100 countries.
What is Apple Music?
As a digital music subscription service, Apple Music allows users to subscribe to listen to music online in the form of transmission (streaming) or playback later (download). Apple said that in the early stages of Apple Music’s digital music store there were more than 30 million songs.
Not long after its launch, Apple Music quickly became popular thanks to its huge song library and suggested playlists according to users’ music listening habits. As of June 2019, the application has more than 60 million user subscribers worldwide. Vietnamese users search for digital music on Apple Music, including golden albums, pre-war music, etc. The search function supports both unsigned and accented Vietnamese, accurate music and album search results.
The quality of Apple Music’s streaming music is at 256Kbps in AAC format, compared to 320Kbps for rivals Spotify and Google Play Music.
How much does Apple Music cost?
The Apple Music service is open to everyone, not limited to Apple device users. Apple Music service will be available on a variety of devices and operating system platforms, including: mobile devices Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch (iOS 8.4 or later), smart watch (smartwatch) Apple Watch (WatchOS), Mac models (OS X – latest iTunes update) and Windows PCs (new iTunes update). Only Android mobile devices have to wait until the third quarter.
Users will have 3 months of free use when activating Apple Music for the first time. After 3 months, users can choose to buy a service package that suits their usage needs. Specifically:
- Student package: 29,000 VND/month for student subscribers.
- Individual package: 59,000 VND/month for individual subscribers.
- Family package: 89,000 VND/month/6 people for household subscription.
However, this fee is different in different markets.
When used on an iOS mobile device such as an iPhone or iPad, you can go to Settings > Music to activate Show Apple Music, and if you need to import music or playlists from Apple Music into My Music to access it. On various devices, you activate iCloud Music Library.
After signing up, Apple Music will automatically renew the subscription every month. You can turn off renewal at any time by:
- On iOS, at the For You tab, select avatar > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > Cancel subscription.
- On Android, in the Menu section, select avatar > Manage membership.
Review Apple Music service
- Experience high quality music with AAC 256kbps standard.
- Song library of more than 70 million songs with various genres and songs according to user’s musical tastes, even exclusive songs and music videos.
- Apple Music integrates with the majority of Apple devices and services, allowing users to stream and access their music library on any device.
- Only free to use for the first 3 months.
- Users need to pay to continue using, or can only play songs from their iTunes library.