Table of Contents
If you often listen to music on YouTube when using your OPPO phone, don’t miss this trick to be able to listen to YouTube when the screen is off on your OPPO phone without installing anything else.
On OPPO’s ColorOS there is a very cool Smart Sidebar, and recently in ColorOS 12.1 (based on Android 12), this bar also has another great feature that is Play in the background – allowing you to listen to YouTube while screen off.
So to use this feature, you need to update your phone to the latest version first.
How to listen to music on YouTube with the screen off on OPPO
- Go to Settings > Special Features > Smart Sidebar.
- Turn on two options in turn Smart sidebar and Smart Suggestions go up.
- Once turned on, you go to YouTube and watch any video, now you will see an icon displayed right above the video called Play in the background. Click to activate YouTube listening when the screen is off.
- At the first use, you select the button ON to enable the feature.
- That’s it, now YouTube is playing in the background. You can turn off the screen and YouTube still won’t turn off. If you want to turn it off, turn it on and select Exit Play in the background.
I tested the feature and it works very well, no need to YouTube Vanced anymore if you only need to listen to YouTube music when the screen is off.
See more great features on OPPO phones: