know how to connect phone to tv will help you get the experience of videos and images on a wider screen. As a result, using these entertainment features will become much more interesting and attractive. However, do you know how to connect your iPhone and Android devices to your computer? If not, let’s immediately refer to the article below of Ben Computer!
Table of Contents
I. How to connect phone to TV for iPhone
iPhone is currently the most commonly used device. Here are a few ways to connect the phone to the TV for iPhone models.
1. Use the app to connect iPhone to TV
Use software and applications to connect your phone to the TV
Smart TVs and Internet TVs that have a remote control function by phone can use applications to connect. With each model, there will be a few different types of applications that you can use such as:
- With Samsung TVs: Smart Things, Samsung Smart View.
- For Panasonic TVs: Panasonic Remote 2, Panasonic Remote.
- TCL company: TCL nScreen, T-Cast.
- LG TVs have: LG TV Plus.
- With Sony TVs: Google Cast, Photo Share.
2. Use Airplay to connect iPhone to TV
All iPhone 4 and above models will have Airplay. It can be used to connect to a TV without cables. However, for this feature, your TV needs a supporting Apple TV device.
Can use Airplay to connect iPhone to TV
3. Use HDMI to connect your phone to the TV
One way to connect a phone to a television is to use HDMI. This connection method is suitable for iPhone 4 and above. You need an HDMI cable and a Digital AV adapter with your iPhone 4, and higher iPhones require an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter. The steps are as follows:
- Plug the adapter into the iPhone and the HDMI port to the TV.
- Press SOURCE or INPUT to select the source.
Connect via HDMI
4. Use Analog to connect iPhone to TV
The way to connect the phone to the TV with an Analog cable is also very popular. You can proceed with the following steps:
- Connect the cable to the phone and TV.
- Select the source by clicking the SOURCE or INPUT button. Or, you can press the arrow button above the TV remote and select HDIM. At this time, the phone screen will be fully displayed on the TV.
Connect by Analog
II. How to connect your phone to TV with Android series
With Android models, you also have 3 ways to connect your phone to the TV:
1. Use MHL cable to connect Android phone to TV
The way to connect the phone to the TV for the first Android models is to use an MHL cable. You can follow these steps:
- Connect the small end cable to the phone and the big end to the TV.
- Next, press the power button on the TV and select MHL. At this point, the phone will be connected and displayed on the TV screen.
Use an MHL cable to connect your phone to the TV
2. Project your phone screen on TV
Most Smart TVs, Internet TVs have the feature to project the phone screen on the TV. This feature has many different names such as: Miracast, Screen Share, Mirroring, mirroring images. This is a form of screen projection over a common Wifi connection. You follow these steps:
- First, enable Miracast, Screen Share, Mirroring, Mirroring on TV. Then enable this feature on the phone.
- At this time, the phone will automatically detect and create a mirror image of the phone screen on the TV.
Use the way to project images from the phone to the TV
3. Use the infrared port to connect the phone to the TV
Using the infrared port is also a way to connect the phone to the TV for Android models. Phone companies are now equipped with infrared ports and have pre-installed applications to connect.
The infrared port can also be connected very efficiently
For each carrier, there will be different infrared connection applications such as:
- Tivi LG: LG TV Remote, LG TV Plus.
- Tivi Samsung: Samsung Smart View.
- Tivi Sony: Sony Video & TV SideView, Photo Share hoặc Google Cast.
- With TCL TV: TCL nScreen.
- For Panasonic TVs: Panasonic Remote 2.
Above, you have been instructed about how to connect phone to tv for both iPhone and Android phones. Try the ways shared by Ben Computer above to connect, for the best experience!