What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is the recommended remote PC access application for Mac devices. It provides a safe, convenient choice for Mac owners. There are 4 pricing plans available for single, multi-user and groups, all compatible with mobile access extensions. If you’re unsure about which plan to use, you can start with a 14-day free trial.
TeamViewer offers the convenience of downloading and installing on a computer, as well as the ability to access it via the cloud, making it easy to implement. Mac and PC users will also find TeamViewer ‘s remote capabilities to be comprehensive and secure.
With essential features like drag and drop file transfer, text chat, whiteboard and session recording, communication between devices is simple. TeamViewer has implemented high security measures to keep information safe.
|Price||Free of charge|
|Operating system||iOS, Android, Windows|
Here is more information about TeamViewer subscription plans:
- Free Personal Plan: Designed for personal use only, TeamViewer’s free plan has minimal remote access features, but provides enough capacity to connect you with friends and family . If you need remote access for work, you must choose one of the paid plans below.
- Single-user plan: This plan costs $49 per month (billed annually), allowing unlimited single-user and computer access with one concurrent session.
- Multi-User Plan : This plan costs $99 per month (billed annually) and allows multiple licensed users to access an unlimited number of computers with a concurrent session.
- Team plan: Similar to the multi-user plan, multiple licensed users have access to an unlimited number of computers; however, this package allows 3 concurrent sessions and extends remote capabilities. It costs $199 per month, billed annually.
- Add-ons (mobile access): One feature that can be added to any paid plan is mobile access, priced at $32.90 per month, billed annually. TeamViewer QuickSupport provides access to Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 and BlackBerry. The number of mobile plans you purchase will be based on the number of concurrent sessions your plan allows.
TeamViewer offers a 14-day free trial.
Table of Contents
TeamViewer has many services and features for remote PC access, including:
- Cross- platform access: TeamViewer supports cross-platform access on Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry devices. You can even connect to the Linux text console if there is no graphical user interface (GUI) attached to the remote computer.
- Integration: You can integrate TeamViewer features into your ticket, help desk, or CRM system. You can develop your own custom integrations or use TeamViewer’s pre-built apps and scripts.
- Wake, reboot, install: If you have prior access permission to allow device access, you can wake up a sleeping computer, reboot the device remotely, and install the required remote applications. set.
- Transfer files: Transfer files with TeamViewer’s standard dual-window interface, or simply drag and drop files from one computer to another. There’s also a copy and paste feature so if you only need to move part of the information into another document, you can do so without transferring the entire file.
- Session recording : You can record sessions and compress them into shareable files. This feature is especially useful for sending presentations and training purposes.
- Grouping: Create different groups of channels within each license so users can get access to the channels they need.
- Screen Control Exchange: TeamViewer has a unique sharing feature where it can be “swapped”, meaning it can be traded with someone who has control of another computer. So if you’re working with someone on another computer and that person needs your control, someone else can take control of your computer. Another click and you’re in control again.
- Personalized branding: You can customize TeamViewer with colors, logos, text, contacts, customer satisfaction forms, and SOS buttons.
- Instant chat: Multiple chat features, such as text chat, whiteboard, HD VoIP and HD video conferencing, simplify communication between you and others. TeamViewer is available in 30 different languages.
- Customer service and resources: FAQs, user guides, forums, and video tutorials can be found on TeamViewer. If you can’t find an answer to your question online, you can send a ticket to TeamViewer explaining your issue and they will respond during business hours.
Advantages and disadvantages of TeamViewer
One of the biggest benefits of using TeamViewer is its cross-platform capabilities. Where some remote access applications are missing devices such as macOS support, TeamViewer does not. They even provide Linux compatibility for remote computers without a graphical user interface (GUI) attached, as long as a Linux text console is connected.
TeamViewer excels with security measures. TeamViewer uses AES-256-bit encryption and two-factor authentication. The software is HIPAA compliant, SOC 2 certified, and ISO 27001 certified. Remote data backup and secure end-to-end remote device monitoring; the software looks for unusual behavior, such as access from a new location, and protects data by enforcing password resets.
Many of the remote access apps we’ve reviewed have limits of 2GB or less when transferring files to another computer. TeamViewer has no stated file size limit. If you’re transferring a large file and don’t want to deal with the delay, you can split the file and load it into the transfer queue.
The second drawback is the additional cost of the software’s portable features. While TeamViewer offers mobile compatibility across a wide range of devices, it doesn’t come with standard plans. You pay an annual fee, and the number of cell phone plans you purchase should be directly correlated with the number of concurrent sessions you have. Android control is standard, but iOS features are limited.
Third, we were very disappointed with the maximum number of sessions allowed by the software. TeamViewer’s team plan allows for 3 sessions. If a large number of concurrent sessions are required; For example, your team conducts training demos or tutorials, you can spend quite a bit of money to fulfill the demand.
Upgrading the software is as simple as contacting the online store or sales team, but downsizing can be more difficult. Cancellation must be in the form of a written request and must be received by TeamViewer no less than 28 days before the end of the original term or any renewal terms.
Easy to use
Installing TeamViewer is simple on all platforms. You can use the web- based link to install the application or there are other options available to install the software. Once the web-based program is opened or properly installed on both the server and the administrative computer, the program automatically generates a server-side password, which is shared with the administrator. This password can be changed at any time. In addition, the program administrator has the ability to create a password to enable reverse sharing, meaning that customers can remotely access the administrative computer if needed. These communication and security features simplify remote access between devices.
The connection process for the TeamViewer mobile app is similar: Personally download the TeamViewer QuickSupport app onto the device, providing you with your TeamViewer ID, and your remote session begins.
In addition to connecting to other computers, TeamViewer also provides integration with other hardware and software. Integrate internal software, such as TeamViewer Reporting API, TeamViewer User Management, and TeamViewer Chat Widget, or external platforms, such as Ninja, Salesforce and Jira Software, among others. This capability, along with TeamViewer’s cross-platform security, communication, and access, makes TeamViewer a powerful remote access application for your business.
What is the purpose of TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is a fast and secure all-in- one solution for remote desktop and network access .
Is TeamViewer 2020 safe?
All versions of TeamViewer use full encryption. The encryption is based on 4096bit RSA private/public key exchange and 256 Bit AES session encryption. This uses the same level of security as https/SSL and is considered completely secure by today’s standards .